I think we knew it was coming at some point and Cisco has recently announced a refresh for the 640-822 (ICND1), 640-816 (ICND2) and the all in one 640-802 (CCNA) the last day to take these tests and get certified are September 30th of 2013. You will notice some old references no longer mentioned on this refresh, so let’s go over the differences and some of the changes Cisco has made to the associate-level
Starting at the CCNA the refreshed exams are the following, 100-101 ICND1 (which replaces 640-822 exam), 200-101 ICND2 (which replaces 640-816 exam), and the all in wonder 200-120 CCNA (which replaces the all in wonder 640-802 exam). Like I mentioned earlier the last day to take these older exams are September 30th of 2013 so good luck 🙂
What has changed:
- The certification was formerly called CCNA is now called CCNA Routing and Switching with no prerequisites (Like before)
- If you wish to have advanced technology certifications like the CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless you must have at least a CCENT or CCNA R&S (Before you had to have CCNA)
- Expect these exams to have Router IOS version 15 instead of versions 12.4, expect more IPv6 information as IPv4 is depleted , and IOS licensing.
- No RIP version 1 or version 2 😦
- No WLAN information
- Some of the information that was in the ICND2 has shifted to the new ICND1 100-101.
You can find more information at Cisco’s Newsroom, along with going to Cisco’s Training & Certifications site and looking at the Associate Certifications area. What do you think of these changes? If you studying for the older exam don’t worry and continue going for it and get it done before September 30th of 2013! I hope this information is helpful and good luck 😉
Update: New reading material ICND1 100-101 – Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
Update: New reading material ICND2 200-101 – Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide
Update: New reading material CCNA 200-120, includes ICND1 material and ICND2 material – Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library
- Cisco redesigns CCNA routing and switching certification (net-security.org)
- Introduction into Cisco Configuration Professional (ciscoskills.net)
- Passed 640-554! (ciscoskills.net)