I brought this topic up in March of this year (See original post) but I wanted to re-post it to add some information because as of today this was your last day to pass the older CCNA exams. Cisco has a refreshed all the CCNA Routing and Switching exams. That includes the ICND1 (640-822), the ICND2 (640-816), and the all in wonder exam (640-816). You will notice some old references no longer mentioned on this refresh, so let’s go over the differences and some of the changes Cisco has made to the associate-level
Starting at the CCNA the refreshed exams are the following, 100-101 ICND1 (which replaces 640-822 exam), 200-101 ICND2 (which replaces 640-816 exam), and the all in wonder 200-120 CCNA (which replaces the all in wonder 640-802 exam). Like I mentioned earlier the last day to take these older exams are September 30th of 2013 so good luck 🙂
What has changed:
- The certification was formerly called CCNA is now called CCNA Routing and Switching with no prerequisites (Like before)
- If you wish to have advanced technology certifications like the CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless you must have at least a CCENT or CCNA R&S (Before you had to have CCNA)
- Expect these exams to have Router IOS version 15 instead of versions 12.4, expect more IPv6 information as IPv4 is depleted , and IOS licensing.
- No RIP version 1 or version 2 😦
- No WLAN information
- Some of the information that was in the ICND2 has shifted to the new ICND1 100-101.
Also check out this MircoNugget with Jeremy Cioara to see some other detail about the new exams:
You can find more information at Cisco’s Newsroom, along with going to Cisco’s Training & Certifications site and looking at the Associate Certifications area. What do you think of these changes? I also hope this information is helpful and good luck on the new exams!
Reading material: ICND1 100-101 – Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
Reading material: ICND2 200-101 – Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide
Reading material: CCNA 200-120, includes ICND1 material and ICND2 material – Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library
- Cisco redesigns CCNA routing and switching certification (net-security.org)
- Introduction into Cisco Configuration Professional (ciscoskills.net)
- Passed 640-554! (ciscoskills.net)